Content and technical Articles
This parent article (and the following child articles) also cover various general (not course specific) content related issues as well as specific technical requirements for SBU courses and users.
The following web browsers are supported by Moodle:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 10 or above is required for drag-and-drop upload of content from outside the browser into Moodle)
- It is recommended you use the latest version for each web browser
- Do you have a computer with a broadband (high speed such as cable, DSL or fiber?) Internet connection?
- Do you have Internet skills that will enable you to navigate and access specific URLs, use online library resources, and login to secure web pages?
Please make sure your basic computer settings are set to the following:
- Security Level – set at Medium
- Accept all cookies
To view or access course content, you may need one or more of the following depending on the type of content posted in the course:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- QuickTime (Mac)
- Microsoft Media Player
(h4)Other Computer Capabilities
In order to participate in some of your assignments, as well as live classroom sessions, you will need the following:
- Speaker and Microphone